Thursday, November 19, 2009

Give Thanks Acorn card


I just love making cards of different shapes and so I made this acorn card. You would think that I would have had enough of these guys. I can't tell you how many wheelbarrow loads of acorns we have picked up this fall.  We need more squirrels I guess!

My card actually hinges just under the cap. 
After cutting the cap, I scored it every 1/4" in two diagonal directions. This gave me the texture I was looking for.

The base was stamped with the swirled image from BAROQUE MOTIFS # 113490

My sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink# 102283 and embossed with gold  embossing powder #109129.
The sentiment is from the Hostess set HOLIDAY BEST #115364

The leaves were die cut using my BIG SHOT SIZZIX machine# 113439 and the Originals die LEAVES#2  
 # 113459. The edges of the leaves were sponged in chocolate chip classic ink #100908.
 


I hope this inspires you to step of out the box occasionally!

Thanks for stopping by....

Pam

3 comments:

  1. I love the baroque motifs on the acorn base, love the scoring and the sponging and the shape and the colors. I guess I should have just said I love the whole card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful shaped card, Pammyjo! I love the texture and sentiment on the cap and the flourish on the nut. I hope I remember this idea when I make the cards for next year's Thanksgiving baskets at church. Thanks (again!) for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love this card. Not only is it adorable, but acorns also symbolize happy and fruitful things ahead of you, basically good luck! Pretty awesome that you had all those acorns in your yard :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You SO MUCH for leaving Your Comments

 

yaz side effects